Got something to say? 94 Comments
There is something about the rain.
It brings out an unspoken part of me. Not the part where I wish I was the newest member of Torchwood (mainly because that's not unspoken, everyone who has spent time with me recently would know this).
No. This is the part where I want to both hide under the covers, and dance in the lightning at the same time. I never know which instinct is going to win out. (Of course you know, it's kind of hard to do both at the same time. Unless you drag your bed out into the rain. That sounds fun).
Last night it was raining. I was also in the city for dinner .So for those of you who were wondering, yes I do sometimes leave my house. The night was a bit of a battle. It did not include unicorns. It did not include running through the dark streets like Gwen Cooper (well, it did a little bit.). This was more of a battle to act like a proper person on a date.
That can be hard sometimes. Especially if you're me. I have composed a list of things you shouldn't do on a date. * Some of these things happened. I thought about doing some of these things.
1. If you are with a man and he walks you over to a flower stand, you shouldn't make assumptions. For instance, you shouldn't say "Oh you don't need to get me flowers."
Because then, he will say "I wasn't," his face frowning quizzically back at you.
Then you will die. Or run away.
2. You shouldn't talk to a man on the phone after having more than one glass of wine. It is a conversation he will remember. You unfortunately, will not.
3. There is nothing wrong with wearing your hair out in the rain. Werewolves are in now if you haven't heard. Just don't wear any silver.
4. Try not to fall over while climbing up stairs.
5. Don't mention your Harry Potter memorabilia, or the Gryffindor cloak hanging in your closet. Unless there is someone nearby who is stranger in comparison.
6. Don't show your date your version of the rain dance. Don't jump in puddles. Ditto for recreating the best scenes from Singing in the Rain.
7. Don't sing the Torchwood theme when running through the train station. Or when you see a creepy person huddled in the rain.
8. Don't mention the amount of time you spend looking at pictures of funny animals, or the fact that this is predominately cats. You don't have any cats, you would like to keep it this way.
The rain made me think about a lot of things last night. At one point this was the rain dance. At another, it was the fantastic decision I had made the day before when I got a fringe.Mostly I thought about how nice it was to hold someone's hand.
The rain wasn't as bad then. I kind of felt a little bit like Gwen Cooper.
*For future reference for myself